In 2009, I introduced you to the hinge method for targeting your Cricut Expression cuts. This simple method was a powerful tool for getting things done, but unfortunately did not translate over to something that could be used on the Explore. I made this a personal challenge, and have finally strung together a set of workarounds to bring the beloved hinge method to the Explore.
The video goes over everything in detail, but here are are “high spots” in written form for those of you that prefer that
- Import the cut file to match your image (if you don’t have a matching cut file, the instructions for that are here), place it on the mat and ensure it is the correct size
- Add a circle, shrink it as small as you can
- Place the circle at x = .25, y = .25
- Make sure the circle is on top, click Select All and click Attach, then hit go
- Make sure your card stock flap is positioned according to the mat preview and hinged along the bottom edge with tape, click go
- When the first cut is finished, do NOT unload the mat
- Remove the cutout, position your stamped image within the cut out opening and press it down securely to your mat
- Flip the flap out of the way and press the Cricut C button again.
The stamp I used in the video is from the (now defunct) Oak Tree Stamps.